Shear Operator - 3rd Shift
- Sets up and operates shear.
- Utilizes pouches, work orders, and blueprints to calculate efficient use of various size sheets in order to reduce scrap.
- Utilizes overhead crane, walker, and powered industrial vehicle/stacker to load and unload sheet stock.
- Inspects work at each step against prepared lists, work order, production order or blueprint. Checks steel stock camber, rust and other visible imperfections. Repeat for each sequence.
- Adjusts back gauge, side gauges or stops for each different run.
- Moves parts to pallet, writes part number, book week and other pertinent information on the sheared part. Tags pallets appropriately before putting away. Stamps clock number and date on pouch to identify the work performed.
- Identifies disposition of parts, tags and moves parts to correct locations.
- No experience or specific education is necessary; however, the person must be able to understand standard shop specifications (drawings, blueprints, process sheets, etc).
- Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Position not eligible for relocation. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI in order to be considered.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No