Vice President, Manufacturing Strategy & Operations
The VP – Manufacturing Strategy & Operations for the Hydraulics Group provides global leadership and strategy across all regions and businesses to include: Hydraulics Americas, EMEA, and APAC plus Filtration and Golf Grip having total annual revenue of $2.8B. The scope includes: manufacturing operations 40+ plants and distribution centers, ~$350M 4-year manufacturing restructuring program, quality, and operational excellence. The incumbent will determine the overall manufacturing strategy, provide direction, and oversight for the execution of restructuring projects and achievement of operational goals and deliverables. In addition to direct reports, the incumbent is the functional leader to the VPs of Manufacturing Operations in the Hydraulics Americas, EMEA, APAC, Filtration and Golf. Success in this role requires leadership across a complex regional, business, and functional matrix.
- Develop and execute the manufacturing strategy focusing on footprint rationalization and optimization, supply chain efficiency, continuous improvement strategy, and quality improvement strategy supporting profitable growth for the enterprise.
- Review, maintain, control, and regularly report on the financial impact of manufacturing strategy/restructuring programs and manufacturing operations to maintain profit plan expectations or insure incremental/decremental performance.
- Develop and deploy manufacturing work models focusing on global and scalable lean initiatives, standardized process control, strategy and support for manufacturing excellence
- Ensure the effective implementation and build-out of EBS to achieve Eaton directives, operational performance objectives and customer expectations.
- Drive the manufacturing operations to World Class Model Plant recognition levels, champion the Eaton Business Excellence Certification efforts for pace and maintenance of those certifications in all operations per the schedule required in the certification process.
- Develop and deploy improvement actions related to key High 5 metrics including OTD, DOH, Safety, Productivity, CONC, and overall manufacturing effectiveness.
- Provide expert knowledge in lean concepts and quality systems to the operations. Continuously improve knowledge through benchmarking and active participation in industry groups
- Partner with VP Supply Chain to define and leverage the strategic sourcing and materials models that enhance total customer satisfaction through improved on-time delivery and past due shipments. Ensure collaboration, efficiency, and results between manufacturing operations SCM and materials professionals and the functional matrices.
- Achieve business objectives for material productivity improvement, supplier quality / delivery improvement and new program/product launches
- Establish a consistent measurement and reporting system (such as High Five Review based on QOS approach) to monitor performance of Product Divisions and plants operationally on a regular basis.
- Establish and implement a suitable quality processes emphasizing continuous improvement in all areas.
- Contribute to the overall Eaton goals including growth, profitability, and new product development.
- Develop and maintain a quality control program that assures customers receive a quality product, manufactured at a competitive cost; programs that assure proper purchasing practices, and achieve and maintain competitive and reliable delivery performance at optimum costs.
- Ensure operations achieve continuous improvement goals in ELS, EQS, MESH and other Eaton power of one activities.
- Seek out, select, and implement appropriate tools and processes to build capability.
- Ensure full compliance with all government, local and corporate laws and policies.
- Develop and implement suitable capital expenditure, cost reduction, and manpower programs.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental and safety requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering related field required
- Minimum of 15 years of diversified multi-plant managerial experience with a manufacturer of industrial engineered components.
- Demonstrated ability in strategic process creation and implementation
- Management and development of Operational Excellence function throughout an operation and across an organization including functional groups
- Advanced knowledge of lean manufacturing systems processes, products, and customers
- Strong background in goal deployment, strategic planning and building organizational capability.
- Technically proficient in all areas of manufacturing management, OpEx, supply chain management, and quality systems
- Extensive global experience preferred.
Demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team
- MBA or Master’s Degree
- Experience managing multi-functions: Finance, quality, purchasing and manufacturing
- Significant restructuring program experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time