Senior Product / Design Engineer
- You will be the primary point of contact for Low Voltage Solutions and coordinate with the other Power Break Center resources to support that market segment.
- You will develop engineered solutions for customer projects while meeting all applicable standards.
- You will support Manufacturing in the procurement, assembly, and test of designed products.
- You will manage New Product Development (NPD) through the ProLaunch process and Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) projects to ensure on-time project completion and cost optimization.
- You will investigate and Implement approved design change requests per change control procedures.
- You will support Manufacturing, Assembly and test operations to ensure product conformance
- You will create and Maintain Bills of Materials in Inventor, Enovia, and MAPICS systems.
- You will utilize 3-D Modeling / Drafting to create product applications
- You will write and Edit Maintenance and Installation Instructions and documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in engineering mechanical assemblies or design
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is provided. Only candidates that reside within 50 miles of Greenwood, South Carolina will be considered.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Knowledge and previous use of Autodesk Inventor modeling software
- Knowledge of ENOVIA or other Product Data Management system
- Ability to read engineering drawings of complex assemblies and detail components and check the work of project designers to meet cost and quality requirements of finished products.
- Training or experience working with Inventor, Pro-E, Solidworks or other 3-D modeling system.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time
- Knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes and process capabilities
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time