Fabrication Technician II - B Shift
- Receive work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
- Input information into data collection system as required.
- Work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
- Perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
- Use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- Be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- Utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- Perform statistical process control on machinery, as required.
- Operate a punch machine, laser machine, or press brake as requested by supervision.
- Correlate materials for weld, paint, and job closure as required.
- Set-up and operate manual shear.
- Assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- Observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health and safety guidelines.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No