District Operations Supervisor
Eaton’s Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a District Operations Supervisor. This position will be out of our Glendale Heights, IL service facility. Please note that relocation assistance will be provided.
The District Operations Supervisor is responsible for managing filed projects, delegating to field support team and will responsible for financials. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a technical expert in the engineering and services field by exhibiting product application knowledge, customer interface, and developing and executing tactical and strategic plans to support the district operation center goals.
- You will have a working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
- You will answer application questions, developing and implementing growth plans, providing sales support, conducting competition/ market analysis to drive product development efforts.
- You will assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district. Support and develop training plans and the development direct reports creating a strong talent bench to enhance DOC’s ability meet strategic goals and exceed customer expectations.
- You will assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Also, ensure strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials.
- You will provide input to the profit and strategic planning processes and submit monthly operations report summarizing key events throughout each month.
- You will handle escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Make sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Regular (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five years of experience in managing and leading a service or engineering unit OR five years of management experience in another field.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business from an accredited institution
- Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical Services industry, products and solutions.
- Additional experience in the development of incremental business opportunities in the Industrial, Utility, Government, and Institutional markets is a plus.
- Electrical Contractor’s license.
- Professional Engineering license.
- General Contractor’s license.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes.
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs.
- Must be able to lead and manage upwards and downwards.
- Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve country/region/division success.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted drivers license.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time