Supply Chain Program Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Supply Chain Program Analyst in the Jackson, MI location.
Manages all supply chain deliverables for new program development activity for the Jackson, MI plant. Responsible for ensuring cost, schedule, and performance requirements are met in accordance with the PROLaunch process from concept thru phase 6 transition to production. The Supply Chain Program Manager role acts as the primary interface between plant operations, supply chain organization, technical support group, and program management office. This role is responsible for developing the program sourcing strategy and managing supplier development, purchasing, and production planning activities for new program execution. Engagement begins at the design phase through production with a focus on driving early supplier involvement in new program development. Core activities involve maintaining program hardware delivery schedules, establishing and maintaining accurate item cost data, and acting as a PROLaunch SCM IPT member. This role will involve coordination with plant buyers, planners, design engineering, operations, supplier quality, manufacturing, and FED Supply Chain team. Senior level position scope includes all PROLaunch NPD, STP, PRELaunch, and IR&D activities.
· Work with commodity leads to establish and develop suppliers in accordance with the strategic sourcing strategy
· Ensure supply chain program milestones are met as established by the customer and program management office
· Ensure compliance with applicable customer and Eaton contractual requirements
· Work with strategic sourcing team on risk management plan with the program manager and supply base to identify and mitigate risks on a real time basis
· Manages and tracks Sourcing Gate Review process compliance for all NPD Bills of Material (BoM)
· Understands and utilizes Eaton’s PROLaunch process and functions as Point of Contact responsible for SCM deliverables to Integrated Product Team (IPT)
· Ability to interface with supplier, program office, customer, etc.
· Vision (looking forward) to see total scope of Program progress and able to move the subcontractor along as necessary to keep progress moving (e.g. vision within Sourcing to detect other critical path processes that could impact subcontractor processes such as another supplier)
· Liaison for the plant between FED supply chain organization and program management office (PMO)
· Manage deliverables from IPT members to ensure hardware delivery schedules are achieved (e.g. released engineering, router creation, process/equipment development, etc.)
· Oversee and track supplier tooling deliverables
· Coordinate with commodity teams to ensure strategies align with strategic and profit plan. Fully understand all the commodity strategies and align the strategies to the plans
· Design for manufacturability review and facilitation, process improvement, standardization for supply chain activities
· Support strategic sourcing team in negotiations with suppliers regarding price, terms, quality, tooling, transportation, etc.
· Coordinate the exchange of technical information regarding product and product processing with adequate safeguards for confidentiality in compliance with Eaton Data Management policies
· Manage and own hardware delivery schedules for managed programs in alignment with PMO and customer program milestones
· Coordinates with Value Stream Materials team, Program Management, and Customer Service groups to communicate new product development scheduling information
· Balances current and future customer demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
· Supports all IPT supply chain needs. Provides periodic project updates current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule).
· Support and executes all assigned tasks within PROLaunch and gate review phases.
· Support PROLaunch projects/activities between FED sites including IR&D, PRELaunch, and STP projects
· Bachelor degree in business, economics, supply chain management or engineering.
· Minimum 2 years experience in Supply Chain, Operations, or Program Management
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 of Jackson, MI will be considered.
· Proficient in the development and tracking of internal metrics
· General knowledge of ERP and procurement processes
· Program management experience preferred
· Exposure to institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma, DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
· Experience leading new product development projects, specifically Eaton’s ProLaunch support
· Understanding of fluid conveyance related products, manufacturing techniques, and material science
· Hose, tube, fitting, and coupling design experience is a plus.
· Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, from production associates to the leadership team.
· Knowledge of standard manufacturing process, metal forming, assembly/test in an Aerospace environment preferred
· Innovation with documented invention disclosures leading to the possible application for US patents by corporate legal department
· Limited travel may be required (<10%)
· Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many teams from manufacturing operations, new product development, test engineering, etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No