Test Engineering Manager
Engineering Manager – Development, Test & Sustaining
Location: Bedhampton, UK
To function as an Engineering Manager for Development, Test and Sustaining Engineering, reporting to the Engineering Manager – Hydraulic Pumps & Motors UK.
· To manage and lead a team of Development & Test engineers who design, set-up, execute and report on hydraulic, electrical and electronic aerospace development & qualification tests in conjunction with the project and design engineering team
· Ensure qualification and development tests are completed to plan and budget with zero errors
· Champion the TRR process and ensure all Test Related activities are completes in accordance with ACES.
· Advise Engineering product teams on bespoke test set-ups for qualification, system integration or investigation testing
· Act as a leader and mentor to the team to expand both the team and sites engineering test capability.
· To manage and lead multi-site test programs to support divisional goals.
· Drive continuous improvement in all engineering areas
· To manage, specify and oversee the design and development of new hydraulic production & engineering test stands in the UK, USA and India and provide technical support to the upgrade of existing production test stands
· Design and specify hydraulic test stands for aerospace hydraulic power generation products and systems for engineering and production in the UK, USA & India
· Be an active member of Eaton Test Resource Groups leading improvements in safety and best practise across the aerospace group
· Manage appropriate resources to ensure test rigs are installed and commissioned on time and to budget
· Advise on site infrastructure changes required to support new test equipment introduction
· Integrate with Engineering & Aftermarket product teams during new & aftermarket product development ensure test equipment requirements are accurately identified and specified
· Support the engineering activities for operations, quality and supply chain for technical support, yield improvement and cost out management, working with the Engineering Manager, Hydraulics Pumps & Motors - UK to assign necessary resource
· Lead, manage, prioritise and report out on engineering support to supplier transitions and design cost out programmes.
· Coordination of engineering resource with the engineering manager to support operations, quality and supply chain with yield improvement, non-conformance disposition and general technical support
· Deputise for the Engineering Manager, Hydraulics Pumps & Motors – UK as required
Demonstrate a leadership style to deputise at site leadership level and with the management of the engineering team
A degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical or aerospace engineering or hydraulic technology
5 years’ experience in a Design Engineer, Project Engineer or Test manager role
Relevant experience in product engineering and test experience within an aerospace environment
Excellent leadership skills and customer liaison experience
Project engineering or management experience
Capable of driving change and ability to engage in technology development
Experience in defining and executing business level strategy
Excellent experience of mentoring team members
Positive approach to business
Excellent communication skills
Solid proven leadership experience required
Experience in fuel/pump or hydraulics is ideal not essential
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No