Mechanical Engineering Technician
- You will use Computer Aided Design (CAD) develop schematics, wiring diagrams, motions, clearances and other involved features of an apparatus or customer equipment design
- You will calculate fits, tolerances, strengths, weights electrical, circuit parameters and similar items
- You will anticipate manufacturing and/or customer requirement and problems and develop design solutions.
- You will coordinate the drafting work and be responsible for all drawings pertinent to design of customer order project.
- You will consult with engineers or higher classified personnel on problems relating to a design or customer order project.
- You will fabricate more complex (model) prototypes; set up more complex laboratory tests or experiments requiring some ingenuity.
- You will gather, review and interpret data for presentation to engineers or managers; check work to assure conformance with quality standards.
- Associates Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of Arden, NC will be considered
- Associates degree in mechanical engineering or drafting & design or a bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution preferred.
- An understanding of math, physics, chemistry, and machine design theory
- Hands on manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of CAD and basic drafting principles.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and troubleshooting skills to resolve customer and manufacturing problems in data gathering in order to provide solutions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time