Lead Customer Order Engineer-Low Voltage Assemblies
Eaton’s Power Distribution Control Assembly Division is hiring a Lead Customer Order Engineer for the Low Voltage Assemblies product line.
This position is responsible for accurately interpreting complex purchaser specifications and translating them into drawings and bills-of-material understandable by Manufacturing and Purchasing.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role :
You will utilize your expertise to develop a variety of complex drawings and bills-of-material based upon established product designs, which provides sufficient detail to accurately convey the purchaser’s equipment application.
You will consult regularly with plant and field sales engineers in interpreting and defining new equipment applications.
You will work to advise various stakeholders in interpreting information for the accurate production of equipment in accordance with the purchaser’s requirements.
You will partner with the Quality Department in resolving issues after the equipment is shipped, when required.
You will help to conduct technical training seminars to advance understanding of the products
Required (basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum five year’s electrical design/test experience in a manufacturing environment.
· Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship on a continual and permanent basis.
· Master’s degree or BSEE or BSEET or Bachelors in Mechatronics or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution.
· Seven or more year’s electrical experience in manufacturing environment
· Knowledge of Low Voltage Assemblies products
· Ability to travel up to 10%
· Excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of Electrical Engineering
· Demonstrated knowledge of established design standards
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft office—word, excel, power point, outlook), AutoCAD, data bases
· Excellent PLC programming skills
· Excellent knowledge of power distribution and controls equipment/systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time