Senior Customer Order Engineer
- You will Develops a variety of complex drawings and bills-of-material based upon established product designs, which provides sufficient detail to accurately convey the purchaser’s equipment application.
- You will Consults with plant and field sales engineers in interpreting and defining new equipment applications; Coordinates mechanical and electrical interfaces with other products.
- You will Advises C.O.D., Manufacturing and Purchasing – when required – in interpreting information for the accurate production of equipment in accordance with the purchaser’s requirements.
- You will Consults with the Quality Department in resolving issues after the equipment is shipped, when required.
- You will Directs purchaser visits to approve or release equipment.
- You will Informs in cost and cycle time improvement activities; Analyzes needs and recommends revisions to Department Policies and Procedures.
- You will Provides technical training and guidance to department personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ of electrical experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electrical or electronics engineering technology, electrical and computer engineering or mechatronics from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of power distribution and control systems (LV and MV Switchgear, Panel boards and Switchboards, Motor Control Centers).
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of electrical engineering
- Knowledge of design standards.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), AutoCAD, databases
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and verbal and written communication skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time