Low Voltage Assemblies Customer Order Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Power Distribution & Control Assemblies division is currently seeking a Low Voltage Assemblies Services Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
- You will establish department compliance with plant quality policy.
- You will measure the productivity of the department by using volume and accuracy by individual and team.
- You will establish strategic direction for C.O.E. department.
- You will implement salary plan and performance appraisals for C.O.E.s.
- You will establish and provides for C.O.E. training needs.
- You will provide technical and application assistance to field sales.
- You will advise in the resolution of quality issues related to C.O.E.
- You will provide backup support to all C.O.E. activities.
- You will direct Sales Department to obtain orders requiring shorter than normal lead times or unique/non-standard applications.
- You will provide for LVA presence on industry societies.
- You will promote a positive employee relations environment and supports Asheville plant community involvement activities.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in electrical industry
- Minimum of one (1) year management experience in an engineering or manufacturing field
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Engineering from an accredited institution
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Engineering from an accredited institution
- Professional Engineer license
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience with low voltage assemblies
- Accountable for following all orders to assure their timely completion
- Accurate assessment of an order’s complexity and current engineering load vs. C.O.E. capability is important to assure timeliness and quality engineering output.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of the fundamentals of electrical engineering.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Low Voltage Assembly products
- Experience with power distribution products and their customization (LV and MV Switchgear, Panelboards and Switchboards, Motor Control Centers, etc.)
- The development of new policies and procedures requires concise documentation, thorough investigation with any other department affected and possible technical analysis.
- Interface with field sales and customers frequently require the presentation of alternative applications to meet the intent of those requested.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time