Lead Finance Analyst-Manufacturing and Operations
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Lead Finance Analyst-Manufacturing and Operations to join our team. This position is based at our Irvine, CA facility.
This position supports aerospace level manufacturing operations finance activities including achievement of plant and divisional operational performance targets, and helps drive analysis and results for operational planning and management. The primary responsibilities will be to report, review and recommend actions to improve performance, implement standard processes and strengthen financial internal controls.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support manufacturing operations financial analysis and reporting in support of operational reviews as well as operational guidelines and targets for annual profit plan and monthly rolling forecasts.
- You will monitor and lead capital spend forecast activity to ensure spending targets are achieved.
- You will prepare financial review as needed to support management for operational changes.
- You will examine trends and provide guidance on potential risks and opportunities to the division operating performance; make recommendations to management to solve or avoid risks and realize opportunities.
- You will partner with supply chain and operations to drive, manage and report on material cost out and productivity improvements
- You will be on-the-ground financial support for manufacturing operations issues or identified gaps at divisional sites.
- You will support to the VPs of manufacturing and supply chain, manufacturing controller and group controller, including review of division manufacturing operations financial performance, and assistance in developing strategic manufacturing examination and recommendation.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years accounting/finance experience is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year accounting/finance experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- MBA, CMA/CIMA or CPA desirable
- Prior Manufacturing Experience
- Experience in aerospace, foreign exchange, and transfer pricing preferred.
- Experience with corporate financial instruments, Encore, Khalix, and Oracle.
- Experience in aerospace, foreign exchange, and transfer pricing would be preferred.
Position Success Criteria :
- Strong examination, communication and computer skills are required
- Knowledge of accounting principles – GAAP.
- Knowledge of financial and managerial accounting.
- Knowledge of corporate policies and procedures.
- Sound understanding of internal controls.
- Ability to prepare, review, and interpret financial data and reports. Identify areas for in-depth review and provide feedback to operations on results.
- Broad general business knowledge to adequately interpret operating results and analysis.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to execute projects efficiently and effectively with limited supervision.
- Ability to compile information and work though tight timeliness.
- Ability to work in a multi-task project environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time