Divisional Capital and Cost Out Coordinator
- You will coordinate capital planning and spending across the division to support cost productivity projects, new product introduction and other strategic initiatives and also coordinate PSD strategy for capital spend. Recommend options for highest-value approach to satisfy PSD needs within the profit plan.
- You will coordinate future-year capital profit plans, and develop a basic understanding of rationale for proposed capital needs. Be able to communicate plant or project needs to PSD management.
- You will work closely with PSD leadership team to define/endorse capital plans, communicate capital status to corporate, and to recommend adjustments in the plan as required.
- You will provide monthly overview of capital spend to track forecasted spend and CIP metrics. Drive Plant Managers and Capital Coordinators to be accountable for their Plant’s forecast
- You will coordinate monthly updates with Site Plant Managers and Capital Coordinators. This includes database updates, forecasting, review open CIP spending, closing out CIP spending and SharePoint maintenance
- You will report out Capital progress (trends, issues, alignment to plan, etc.) to PSD Leadership team
- You will leverage ‘Plant Capital Coordinators’ and provide required mentoring and training. Update the standard work for capital coordinators.
- You will develop and maintain Standard Work for SharePoint, CAR Process flow and PSD best practices and become the PSD ‘Capital Expert’. Extensive knowledge of CAR documents.
- You will coordinate cost out planning and execution across the division to support the profit plan objectives and work with Division finance to communicate the PSD strategy for cost out objectives; break out by Division and by individual plants. This includes current year and 2 year outlook. Communicate plant needs to PSD management.
- You will work with plants to maintain the CProjects and CODB systems and the SharePoint files.
- You will update the current cost out files to become more user friendly; including the SharePoint and reports.
- You will provide monthly overview and updates of cost out performance to profit plan targets, current gap and deck status. Drive cost out coordinators and plant managers to be accountable for their plant’s performance.
- You will develop and maintain standard work for cost out coordinators. Provide required mentoring and training.
- You will conduct deck building events as required to maintain a healthy pipeline of projects to meet the future cost out targets.
- You will become the PSD cost out expert, including Encore and CODB.
- Experience in Creating a profit plan, or providing input
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years’ operational experience working in manufacturing
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not approved for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of a Power Systems Division location will be considered: Pewaukee, WI; Waukesha, WI; South Milwaukee, WI; Greenwood, SC; Nacogdoches, TX; Olean, NY
- Master’s degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical, and/or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience in distribution power equipment is a plusSix Sigma Black Belt certification
- SAP (Cost and volume) knowledge
- Experience with Lean tools
- Project Management experience
- MS-Project (or similar) and Advanced Excel knowledgeSelf-starter, able to lead cross-functional teams.
- The ability to coordinate and lead successful cross-functional improvements is necessary in addition to possessing superior written, oral and presentation skills.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Strong communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No