Human Resources Lead Generalist
The HR Lead Generalist position will provide a broad range of HR support in support for the Torrance plant of the Fluid & Electrical Distribution team. The selected candidate will proactively partner with the Division Human Resources Manager to execute the assigned strategies and special projects in order to achieve strategic organizational objectives for the overall FED Divisional team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will function as a true HR Business Partner
- You will assess and select talent and train and coach managers on the process
- You will deploy local policies and practices in alignment with values
- You will ensure data integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate entry and gather data through HR technology systems
- You will utilize metrics to determine the health of the organization
- You will ensure effective onboarding and ongoing training of all employees
- You will conduct investigations and recommend and facilitate resolution. Coach and facilitate employees and managers through workplace issues and facilitate the performance management process
- You will understand and consider all applicable legal implications when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor l when making business decisions and protect the organization by ensuring compliance with all labor laws
- You will continuously evaluate and assesses the HR procedures and practices for efficiency and applicability; recommending updates and changes as needed and required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a Human Resources generalist function
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations or MBA with an HR concentration from an accredited institution
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Five (5) years of experience in a Human Resources generalist function in a manufacturing environment
- Ensures all initiatives around Inclusion & Diversity, Wellness, and Culture are understood and executed at the site for both hourly and salary personnel
- Develops and delivers training to address skill or competency gaps for both hourly and salaried workforces
- Deploy and support all HR initiatives, programs, processes and systems as required and assigned
- Support and execute the deployment of HR Special Projects as assigned by the DHRM
- Support the development and deployment of HR Functional Excellence initiatives through the execution of Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Responsible for the New Employee Talent Management Lifecycle – including but not limited to the following: creation & maintenance of salaried position questionnaires, requisition creation & tracking, interview scheduling and coordination, offer letter creation, & on-boarding of new hires
- Coordinate training and development programs to meet the needs and objectives of individuals and groups as required and assigned
- Other duties as required and assigned
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time