Northeast Regional Sales Manager, Airport Lighting Products
Eaton has an opening for an Airport Lighting Products Regional Sales Manager for the Northeast Region. The regional sales manager is responsible for Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Maine. Candidates can sit anywhere within the territory but will preferably be based out of Boston, Philadelphia, Newark, Hartford, or New York City.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. As the electrical industry's global leader for explosion proof and hazardous environments, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business is constantly pushing forward and looking ahead, advancing electrical and instrumentation products in new and innovative ways. Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Business manufactures over 100,000 products for NEC and IEC applications, including: conduit fittings and cable glands, industrial control and electrical apparatus, enclosures, industrial luminaires (including LED), plugs and receptacles, drilling and marine products, commercial construction and solar solutions.
Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products' systems comprise a wide range of solutions, applications, and products for critical airfield operational elements. An innovative leader in airport lighting, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products expects excellence when responding to the demands of the industry - light by light, airport by airport - all across the world. Our products respond not only to the changing demands of our customers, but also the global shift toward computerized control and monitoring of lighting systems. With an eye to the future, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products illuminates the way.
We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager to plan, direct, and coordinate the sales of the Central/Midwest region of the Company's total sales to ensure profitability and achieve established goals (between $2M and $4M sales revenue).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and execute sales plans and programs to ensure the profit growth and expansion of Company products and services
- You will recommend pricing strategies for the Company that will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run
- You will ensure the timely and accurate preparation and delivery of price quotations for airport lighting projects in the assigned region
- You will work with the Central District Sales Manager in determining the best channel to market for each major project based on strategic, economic, and customer requirements to assure that a high level of customer satisfaction and financial strength is achieved
- You will promote the value of project business support activities to capitalize on the Company's value-added sales efforts
- You will achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratios and share of market performance in relation to pre-set standards and to general and specific trends within in the industry and economy
- You will work directly with Engineering firms and contractors to build specification base and relationships to enhance future business opportunities
- You will obtain and maintain comprehensive intelligence on project activity in the assigned region through various sources to ensure a high level of awareness of project activity
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this role. Candidates must reside within the immediate geographic location
- Excellent project management and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes and practical experience in a manufacturing environment
- General understanding of internal economic factors (cost, margin, profit impact of decisions) affecting project area
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field is preferred
- Experience with industrial product sales
- 7 years of sales experience
- CRM System experience
- Lighting product and large commercial project sales experience
- Experience selling into municipalities or governments
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time