Assembly Technician - 1st Shift Epoxy
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking an Assembly Technician - 1st Shift Epoxy to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
The Assembly Technician will assemble Low Voltage Assemblies. Timely execution of required tasks including, but not limited to assembly allocation of materials, inspection, testing and shipping. Box, pack and ship finished product and all raw materials, as appropriate.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work to manufacturing information, electrical and mechanical drawings, sketches, written or oral instruction from supervisor or engineering and to established procedures.
- You will use various fixtures, gauges and assembly tools to assemble, adjust or repair assemblies. Use of layout, drill, saw, punch, rivet and paint material as required.
- You will apply identification labeling on completed assemblies as required.
- You will form shipping groups of final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
- You will assemble and mount equipment for assembly and customer service orders.
- You will pack, crate, and band items together for shipment. Include proper identification on packing material.
- You will move material manually using a variety of material handling equipment. May be required to push, pull and rotate up to 100 lbs. on a regular basis and lift and carry up to 50 lbs. frequently. May be required to climb platform to assemble or repair units and to retrieve material from Kan Ban racks.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius from worksite (no relocation)
- Vocational certification or degree in manufacturing field
- 1 year of Manufacturing Experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No