Enclosure Sales Specialist
Eaton’s B-Line division has an opening for an Enclosure Sales Specialist located in Mississauga, Ontario
This position is responsible for increasing customer preference and providing technical support for Electrical Enclosures in the assigned geographic region. The objectives are achieved through sales calls, specifications, training, and follow up in both the commercial and industrial segments of our business within a given territory. The incumbent will also be responsible for training our local agent sales teams and customers as it pertains to these products.
This position requires complex technical knowledge and strong communication skills to be able to make technical recommendations on product solutions. A highly entrepreneurial sense of urgency along with a passion for the industry is desirable, along with a drive to grow both personally and professionally.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will drive B-Line national Enclosure demand through specification with end-users, Architectural and Engineering (A & E) Firms, and Design/Build contractors (D/B) contractors & Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
· You will develop and maintains liaison with top management of key regional accounts located within the territory.
· You will be responsible for initiating and implementing individual training for reps and distributors and factory direct sales & customer service staff
· You will develop, update and execute a regional penetration plan
· You will understand and demonstrate the features and benefits of the full line of industrial support products including training others on product usage and applications.
· You will ensure appropriate technical assistance regarding product applications to engineering consultants, OEM, users, inspection and standards personnel, contractors, etc.
· You will train our agent and internal sales & customer service teams on how to specify, sell, and properly apply the products.
· You will develop and presents technical seminars for customers, sales personnel, distributors, specifying engineers, and trade shows keeping the customer aware of the manufacturing capabilities including: design, fabrication and assembly abilities
· You will be accountable for providing technical support and information to customers on a pre-sales and post-sales basis for product application, specification, interpretation and quotation support.
· You will inform the Division of business and product trends and competitive conditions within the region, and support new product releases and new/adjacent account development.
· You will recommend appropriate product usage to Consulting Engineers and Contractors. Selects suitable products from existing inventory and proposes/develops new products to meet customer demand.
· You will report on new product or process technology, new specifications required by customers, classification of new products; determines quality issues, and directs customer complaints regarding quality, tolerances, specifications, and delivered condition of products.
· You will identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
• Bachelor’s degree or Diploma from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in the electrical industry
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company
• No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 80 km of Mississauga to be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Structural, or Electrical Engineering.
• Experience working for an Enclosure Manufacturer
• Experience in a specification based industry and engineering experience
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
• Fluently bilingual in French and English
• Willingness to travel with flexibility on time requirements (50%)
• Ability to work independently from home office.
• Excellent communication skills with ability to think on your feet to field technical questions.
• Ability to learn, grow, and deal with ambiguity and change,
• A strong bias towards action
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time