Summer Student - Material Analyst
Eaton is currently seeking a Summer Student – Material Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Edmonton, Alberta facility.
The primary function of this position is provide support to the Supply Chain Supervisor in analyzing, establishing and executing the planning, ordering, scheduling of material to meet the production schedule, including internally and externally sourced parts, as well as ensure an acceptable level of material is available to support the manufacturing and sales products for the Edmonton Power Center.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will analyze, prioritize and communicate shortages to manager and escalate expediting to ensure schedules are met.
· You will reports to ensure materials are received on time and invoices for materials are received.
· Investigate material discrepancies, inaccuracies in BOM/DJ and Balance on Hand (BOH) from cycle counts. Performing root cause analysis.
· Review and care for data accuracy in our inventory.
· Support the creation and updating of various processes and standard work documents.
· Support the Supply Chain team in various tasks.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
· Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
· Must have a high school diploma from an accredited institution
· Must be wworking towards a University Degree / College Diploma in Business or Supply Chain.
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 80 km the immediate geographical area of Edmonton will be considered
· Experience in materials or logistics in a computerized MRP environment
· Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
· Strong problem solving expertise with excellent time management capabilities
· Effective communication, planning and organizational skills
· Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of purchasing techniques and supplier management.
· Intermediate skills in MS Office especially in Excel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No