- You will work with the Engineering (where applicable) and Operations teams to establish appropriate capacity levels and the overall Supply Plan. Define a rolling Takt Time, Quantify available capacity vs. load at a Global level, and make capacity level change recommendations.
- You will coordinate within the SIOP process to ensure a balanced Slot Plan; identifying gaps in Supply and Demand that results in a single, consensus forecast. Publish a benchmark Customer lead time, by Product line/family/SKU.
- You will manage Planning BOM demand and accuracy with the Engineering to drive priority materials and ensure clear visibility of components and component Lead Time to minimize Customer Lead Time and overall working capital investment.
- You will ensure processes are in place so that all Sales Orders are Booked, confirmed, and fulfilled to Scheduled dates. Monitor Customer service metrics and analyze gaps related to on-time delivery
- You will maintain and update training material and document procedures as well as, implement & maintain appropriate processes to ensure a productive planning process and well-considered and implementable strategic plans that comply with new/existing business processes
- You will model potential solutions sets to optimize issues related to the overall business. Act as the ‘Voice of the Customer’ in order to assist in the resolution of Customer inquiries requests. Serve as a the technical resource for Scheduling and capacity related issues and problem solution alternatives for your assigned product line(s)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Business, or Marketing from an accredited institution
- 2 years’ experience in Operations or Supply Chain functions; at least 1 year in a plant
- 1 years’ experience with demonstrated materials planning, shop floor/machine Scheduling, or Capacity planning
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- APICS CSCP and/or CPIM Certification
- Proficiency in SAP ECC/MRP planning and/or purchasing modules
- Demonstrated experience with Lean/Six Sigma principles utilizing: consignment, pull systems, Kanban
- Proven analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel
- Statistical modeling and/or demand planning (forecasting) exposure
- Knowledge of institutional problem solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
- Experience in Discrete manufacturing /job shop and flow manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge in SAP, SAP-APO, Oracle, Oracle ASCP, Demand Solutions, Access, VBA, query/reporting tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time