Industrial Electrician (2nd Shift)
- You will establish secondary distribution centers and install equipment.
- You will install units including the making up of brackets, braces, hangers, etc.
- You will tear down complicated units, determine extent of troubles, repair or replace defective parts or wiring and reassemble.
- You will install and wire motors for large machine tools such as floor type boring mills, intricate controls with multiple inter-locking and safety devices
- You will maintain and repair electric and electronic controls including all necessary cleaning and adjusting
- You will work from schematic drawings, manuals and testing procedures. Perform a variety of similar or associated duties as required or directed.
- You will detect and report all defective materials or faulty operations; diagnose and remedy unusual troubles.
- You will prepare wiring diagrams when necessary to facilitate work, after installation for permanent records or for changes to existing diagrams or drawings brought about by on-the-job conditions.
- You will maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- You will follow prescribed or standard safety regulations.
- You will maintain all types of Electrical distribution equipment (including motors, generators and complicated apparatus)
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Journeymen or six (6) years of documented experience as an industrial/operations electrician
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Knowledge in PLC, circuitry and programing
- Background in machining and electrical equipment
- Experience with hydraulics, and pneumatics controllers
- Military electrical experience or equivalent
- Firm knowledge of electrical code
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only