Senior Analyst - IT
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.
At EITC, we are currently looking for experienced IT professionals to join our Information Platform Architecture COE (IPACOE) for a technical position that requires a understanding in a range of enterprise application and web server technologies, operating systems, as well as a desire to understand business objectives and system requirements. Candidate will work directly with project and IT teams to be involved in the design, implementation, and support of J2EE and Integration technologies.
Involved in the design, architecture, solutions development, and support of a highly available web infrastructure comprised of mainly Linux and some Windows systems using Red Hat JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, Open Source web/application server technologies, and Oracle LDAP. This infrastructure is key to Eaton’s web presence, and houses critical company-wide applications including Enterprise Portals, Content Management, eCommerce Sites, Engineering Collaboration, Customer Information Systems, and Identity and Access Management solutions. Candidate will provide direct technical consulting and support for all requirements in the planning, coordination, development, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to the infrastructure components as well as applications to run both internal/external to Eaton. This position is also responsible for interaction with data center, application development teams, and security teams.
The ideal candidate will have a passion to learn and continuously improve.
- Accountable for maintaining high levels of solution performance, availability and capacity, demonstrating a commitment to quality
- Design and provide solutions to fit the requirements of the project stakeholders, customers, and end users conforming to the standards established by the IT organization
- Review and critique the solutions of others
- Assess IT project activities to ensure compliance with established IT and industry standards
- Application and Web Server installation, patching, upgrades, and performance tuning
- Participate in the design and development standards for solutions platforms and peripheral applications
- Participate in the development of proactive monitoring solutions for all solution elements
- Incident analysis, documentation and resolution
- Participate in capacity planning
- End-user support and communication
- Inter-team and intra-team communication
- Commitment to knowledge sharing
- Design solutions to fit the business requirements and estimate effort
• 5-7 years relevant experience
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Additional language capabilities are a plus.
• Up to 10% travel will be required for this position
• 3 years of recent experience in IT in multiple technology platforms
• Good understanding of application and web servers architecture and uses
• Ability to understand, collaborate, and articulate J2EE team needs with both Eaton and Vendor development teams.
• Familiarity with JDBC, JMS, JMX, Web Services, SSL/TLS concepts
• Familiar with code build process (Jenkins) and code vaults with tools like Ant, Maven, Git, SVN, Clearcase
• Linux experience including shell and scripting for automating repetitive tasks
• Good ability to understand java logs for analysis
• Desire to learn, test, and promote new application and web server versions
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as: B.E / BTech / MCA / Equivalent (EITC) or B.S. Comp Sci / Mathematics / Engineering / Equivalent
• Good understanding of architecture and administration of WebLogic, JBoss, Wildfly, Tomcat
• Good understanding of architecture and administration of Apache and OHS
• Hands-On experience tuning application server JVM’s
• Experience with any Oracle fusion middleware applications
• Experience with Oracle WebCenter Portal
• Experience with Oracle SOA, Web Services, API Gateway
• Experience with HTTP tracing tools like Fiddler and Live HTTP Headers
• Experience with Oracle Identity Manager (OIM), Oracle Universal Directory (OUD) , Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD), or Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• J2EE application development experience
• Comfortable working in Linux and command line utilities
• Good knowledge in scripting (shell, WLST/JBoss CLI) and automation
• Experience with compliance and methodologies.
• Familiar with database concepts and relational models.
• Familiar with web caching software
• Experience with JBoss Operations Network
• Understanding of LDAP concepts and ability to write and optimize queries against an LDAP store.
• Experience with SunOne Directory Servers
• Experience with Enterprise job scheduling tools like Control-M
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only