Shell Fabricator & Welder - 2nd Shift
- Acquire materials daily through use of a forklift per order requirements.
- Check material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints against customer specifications for accuracy.
- Roll steel sheet into tank shell, seam weld rolled tank shell, run shell through all other machine operations and install necessary components per the order process sheet.
- Grind excess weld from seams, edges and gasket seats to improve the fit of parts. Scrapes and wipes down unit to ensure it meets applicable customer requirements.
- Stage completed tank shells for next operation, stamping with employee identification number.
- Attaches shop order to unit with initials signed on it.
- Operates jib and bridge crane to move and position heavy parts onto machines for each operation.
- Assists co-workers with the movement of units within the work center.
- Follow standard work to successfully complete job.
- Abide by PQG and all weld quality standards.
- Support regulator tank kitting as needed.
- Meet or exceed productivity requirements for the work center.
- Must have a welding certification from an accredited institution and/or two years of welding & metal fabrication experience.
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Must be able to understand standard shop specifications (shop drawings, process sheets, and measuring equipment etc).
- Successfully complete Eaton weld test
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No