Sales Service Representative - Tier 2
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds division headquartered in Syracuse, NY has an opening for a Sales Service Representative- Tier 2
The Sales Service Representative will provide world class customer support to both internal and external customers while following all internal policies and procedures to help meet company goals for revenue growth and profitability.
This position is accountable to provide technical, order status, price information and sales support on Eaton Crouse-Hinds products to the distributors, contractors, end users, field organization and Tier 1’s, to help ensure that objectives for the company are met. This position is primarily concerned with utilizing technical and commercial know-how together with knowledge of Eaton Crouse-Hinds Products and competitive products in interpreting customer requirements and communicating to Field Sales, distributors, architects/engineers, contractor, end-user personnel and Tier 1’s, the required technical, pricing and policy information. The Sales Service Representative will understand the flow of orders/order processing, scheduling, manufacturing, shipping and invoicing to effectively service orders to meet customer requirements. This includes analyzing, prioritizing and expediting the customer’s requests.
The selected candidate will collaborate with Engineering, Marketing, Customer Order Processing, Quality Control, Production Planning, Materials Procurement, Credit and Roanoke Distribution Center, Field Sales and Transportation for necessary assistance in achieving desired service levels. The candidate must be capable of corresponding in a clear, concise and professional manner information regarding orders, product information, quotations, product cancellations, ATS cancellations, substitutions, freight changes and other Sales Service matters. They are also expected to furnish catalog sheets, drawings, certificates of compliance and other documentation as requested. They should maintain a file of inquiries and expedites for follow up to insure customer orders are promptly handled and high service levels are maintained.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for first call/email resolution.
- You will understand Finesse and maintain phone coverage as scheduled or as needed.
- You will manage the expedite process/approval via CHET as escalated from a Tier 1 or requested directly from the field and is responsible for communication of the dates.
- You will provide direction to the Tier 1’s and exemplify leadership qualities while assisting in problem resolution and development of the Tier 1.
- You will process RMA’s and QN’s within the published SLA and assist the Tier 1’s with any questions they may have on creating/processing.
- You will prepare detailed on-going statistical analyses with respect to customer deliveries, schedule performance, workload reviews, customer complaints etc. so that trends may be identified and corrective action taken as necessary.
- You will establish and maintain distributor, end user, other Eaton C-H divisions and field sales confidence and enhance Eaton Crouse-Hinds’ image by developing a trusting, reliable relationship through quality customer service and recommendation of C3 utilization and Order Center.
- You will identify and act upon opportunities for orders and specifications and communicate information to field sales to help maximize orders in line with the Eaton Crouse-Hinds “World Class World Wide” concept.
- You will understand C360 and how to populate account information. Responsible for capturing and processing 90% of all calls into Service Requests.
- You will be responsible for handling Airport Lighting emails from eGain and understanding the Sign Program to create signs for production of orders.
- You will be part of the rotation that provides on call coverage via the Customer Service cell phone for after-hours emergency coverage – rotating through an 8am – 7pm coverage.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of experience in customer service environment
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area or reasonable commuting distance will be considered for this position
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Detailed oriented and able to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well with people, remain courteous and tactful even in stressful situations with external and internal contacts.
- Ability to use sound commercial judgment in communicating sensitive information to field, distributor and end-user contacts.
- The customer service representative must be knowledgeable in the use of PC’s including current software programs, e-mailing, document imaging, systems and database management.
- Experience with SAP, SharePoint and C360
- Prior sales and service experience
- Experience working in an operations or manufacturing setting
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No