Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is hiring for a Project Manager for the Mission Critical Program.This position can be remote but with preference for someone in Raleigh, NC.
EESS provides a unique capability when you are faced with a major capital project or expansion of your electrical power system. Our division organization, with technical and professional experts on utility and industrial power systems, provides a vast resource from which to draw on in staffing your project. Years of division experience as an electrical equipment manufacturer and engineering service provider in industrial and utility plant environments uniquely qualifies EESS to handle turnkey projects where it is imperative to provide an efficient cost-effective installation while meeting or exceeding design requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will use of modern project management tools and techniques to design and execute projects related to the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrical power system modifications with a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) centric focus.
- You will lead modernization projects related to electrical power generation, transmission and distribution industry with specific focus on critical power systems.
- You will deliver projects with a high degree of professionalism and safety, using his/her knowledge of industrial and utility power distribution equipment, power system engineering, critical power systems & construction safety.
- You will have full responsibility for his/her assigned projects and authority to complete them from inception to scope development, planning, execution, management of people and resources.
- You will have the discipline to create clear and achievable cost, quality, and schedule objectives and follow these objectives through to successful completion.
- You will provide technical leadership to the district sales & service teams.
- You will manage and direct a team on awarded projects for electrical equipment, including working knowledge of electrical system design & installation. Equipment includes: transformers, switchgear, switchboards, distribution systems, data floors, power distribution units, Uninterrupted Power Systems, motor control centers, automatic transfer switches, generators, rotating equipment and AC drives.
- You will have a complete understanding of construction safety and safety equipment.
- You will be competent in designing, managing, on-site construction, project completion requirements, and dealing with customer relations.
- Manages & maintains the mission critical contracts between Eaton and its customers
- Estimates, prepares, submits, and manages change orders between customer and Eaton
- Manages and communicates the scope of work & responsibilities between Eaton’s customers, Eaton’s employees, & Eaton’s suppliers / sub-contractors
- Establishes, and manages the contract(s) between Eaton and its vendors & subcontractors
- Plans, establishes, maintains, and regularly updates a project schedule on assigned projects
- Manages communication and distributes documentation between Eaton and its customers
- Monitors, reports, and controls costs on assigned projects within estimated project margin
- Reports, forecasts, and presents project financial activity to Eaton’s management
- Prepares, distributes, and follows through with project safety plan
- Responsible for financial performance of project including: profitability, project revenue, and cash flow
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing electrical projects
- Minimum of 1 years of experience working with field service engineer/technician roles
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Ability to travel within the US and outside of the US without restrictions
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to gain access to military and government sites.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Experience with Power Quality equipment and the application in a turnkey design and construction.
- Retired Military, highly preferred.
- Efficient with Primavera or Microsoft Project
- Project Management Professional
- PE license
- Experience with design
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time