Senior Quality Engineer
We are hiring a Senior Quality Engineer to support our Aerospace division in Camarillo, CA.
The Senior Quality Engineer supports Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, and Supply Chain Management. Provide Premier customer quality interface and expertise in order to proactively assure that their requirements are understood and satisfied.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will execute the development, implementation and continued improvement of the Quality Management Systems throughout the operation.
- You will work collaboratively with all levels of the site in supporting Eaton’s Business System goals and objectives.
- You will organize Customer/Internal quality metrics and performing periodic reviews to evaluate results recommending, planning & taking actions to close gaps at an operational level.
- You will champion activities to contribute and drive in the investigation and elimination of internal and external quality problems using applicable problem solving techniques for determining Containment, Root Cause and Corrective/Preventive Action solutions along with Verification actions.
- You will contribute in the implementation of quality assurance training programs and conducting training in quality-related topics
- You will participate as required in product development gate review meetings with launch activities including the identification of customer expectations and ensuring compliance that Quality requirements are flowed down and met
- You will provide support in the way of development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of out-of-control conditions and process audits.
- You will develop, implement and audit inspection and test plans, acceptance criteria, and process/work instructions.
- You will assist in establishing technical advice & maintaining an atmosphere of Continuous Improvement to cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience within a Quality function
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Camarillo, CA.
- Experience working in Aerospace industry
- Experience working with SAP
- Working knowledge of process auditing techniques to ensure compliance to defined quality requirements
- Ability to learn product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements
- Knowledge of product manufacturing, assembly, test and inspection processes
- Willingness to ‘Think outside the box’ and can work well individually or in a Team environment
- Work to resolve supplier technical issues in a timely manner to ensure a continuity of supply of compliant material
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time