Program Manager II
- You will behave like a general manager or business leader. Can drive team members for appropriate input and assemble/manage the overall program business case. Manages and delivers projects and programs within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- You will spearhead IPT leadership across the Platform or Division site/business unit. Able to drive impact across the organization, understands the politics, and leverages influence to knock down barriers and meet goals.
- You will lead and coordinate with the Project and/or Program Managers assigned to the Platform Program. Enables execution of tasks and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
- You will ensure adequate cross functional as well as global support to the program teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- You will coordinate all risks and requirements of the platform program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects and programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- You will manage product requirements, cost, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization.
- You will provide periodic program updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, group and sector levels.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Program/Project Management OR Program Management with Engineering and/or product development and/or manufacturing experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering from an accredited institution
- MBA from an accredited institution
- PMP or equivalent certification
- Background in Agile
- Product development experience
- Experienced in New Product Development (NPD) programs
- Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
- Fully demonstrating to proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen
- Project management and team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong presentation aptitude and public speaking experience.
- Proficient with MS Office suite of tools.
- Strong understanding of product development process through a phase gated process.
- Understanding of basic engineering principles with respect to electromechanical devices or systems.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Detailed planning ability and strong organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability and an innovative mind set.
- Practical experience and understanding of the electrical industry such as construction and industrial markets.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time