Production Supervisor – Afternoon Shift
- You will apply and reinforce all Environmental, Health and Safety (MESH) initiatives and manage department operations and prioritize production requirements
- You will facilitate shift activity among other department supervisors as well as assign daily work schedules for Business Partners
- You will monitor and coach Business Partner performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- You will conduct monthly department meetings with Business Partners regarding communications, department and plant concerns, and policy interpretation.
- You will provide training resources within the department for training new associates
- You will create and sustain a culture of continuous improvement throughout the department, utilizing tools such as Value Stream Mapping, A3’s, 8D’s, RIEs and other EBS tools
- You will reinforce process focus through process checks and daily accountability and Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from support functions to ensure process capability & improvement through measuring and monitoring performance and root cause problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree in business from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of (1) year of experience as a front line leader/ leader of people.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Basic systems knowledge, including computer, quality, materials and manufacturing
- General knowledge and practical application of leadership and management styles
- Working knowledge and experience with basic manufacturing tools such as Lean, SixSigma, problem solving/decision making, labor balancing and quality management systems (TS, ISO)
- Strong interpersonal skills used for the review, motivation, and development of direct reports in addition to building relationships with internal and external customers and support teams
- Demonstrated ability to leverage cross-functional resources to support manufacturing requirements.
- Resolve employee issues and conflicts in accordance with Eaton’s Values and Philosophies
- Industrial Engineering, SCM, Operations Management or similar degree preferred
- Prefer 3+ years’ experience managing people in a manufacturing, industrial, or similar environment
- Prior experience working in a machining environment helpful
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time