Gear Forge Press Operator - 3rd Shift
Eaton located in Kearney, NE has an opening for a Full-Time 3rd Shift Gear Forge Press Operator.
- Operates Gear press
- Performs minor maintenance on machines
- Keeps work area clean and free of hazards – 5-S program
- Works and communicates with audit/quality control personnel and supervisor to
- Identify quality problems or concerns
- Performs set-up on presses for different Gears prints
- Sorts gears, and slugs for defects
- Adjusts machinery during changeover
- Uses gauges to check Gears/gear specifications
- Changes punches and dies as needed
- Works with Toolroom on die quality problems
- Gears Auditing (Quality Control)
- Ability to troubleshoot machine malfunctions
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required or assigned
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation not included - must live within 50 miles to be considered.
- Understands Statistical Process Control
- Blueprint reading
- Fork truck operation
- Ability to setup machinery
- Ability to read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts
- Entering data into computer
- Position may require daily overtime, 7 days a week and working holidays
- Physical requirements include constantly being on your feet, using a set of tongs to grab hot valves and perform quality checks. The employee would be working in extreme heat in the summer. When operating an automated press the employee will be on their feet for their shift.
- Some walking required when completing change overs or tooling changes.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling when changing tooling. In addition to the plant wide PPE the operator is required to wear green tinted glasses, shop coat and gloves.
- One year of industrial experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No