Lead Analyst - IT
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
Eaton India Information Technology Center (EITC) is focused on the key objective of creating value for Eaton’s Enterprise IT needs and contributes to key strategic objectives by leveraging the talent base in global and regional initiatives that improve Eaton’s competitive advantage, standardization and drive cost out. EITC provides an environment and opportunity to accelerate individual careers in a challenging environment that provides exposure to a world class Information Technology footprint. Employees at EITC are currently part of a globally diverse team of IT professionals who own and deliver solutions to our internal and external customers through capabilities in areas such as ERP, Engineering, Customer Facing Solutions, Business Intelligence, Architecture, Integration, Infrastructure, QA, Application development, Project Management, Security and Compliance etc.,
ADQS CoE within Eaton IT is responsible for application engineering, development, quality assurance and support. ADQS CoE support team is looking for a Lead. Analyst - IT in Oracle financials support team. The primary objective of this position involves (1) Resolving critical and high Oracle financials incidents and requests raised by application users, process owners and others through column case and remedy and addressing them while adhering to the SLAs set (2) working closely with Global Financial Shared Services and Systems (GFSS), Administrative CoE and IT BRMs to understand business requirements and working with peers and technical support team and deliver solutions and services (3) acting as a mentor for peers in Oracle financials IT technical support team (4) leading initiative for developing a robust knowledge repository for R12 functional support.
Candidate should have (1) very good understanding of business process knowledge of Oracle R12 procure to pay (PTP) including sub ledger accounting (SLA) (2) very good analytical and problem solving skills (3) understanding of order to cash (OTC) and record to report (RTR) business processes (4) good understanding of end to end IT service management processes of incident management, request management, problem management, change management and release management (5) good understanding of EBS Oracle R12 table structure and ability to write query to extract data and analyze data.
• Reviews, analyzes and provides effective resolution for high and critical functional issues in PTP track within defined service agreements.
• Prioritizes tickets in queue leveraging solid understanding of PTP business processes to minimize impact on business operations.
• Review and analyze business requests to understand requirements and partner with IT technical support team to provide effective resolution to business problems.
• Analyze incident trends to identify recurring issues. Verify possible root cause and partner with GFSS and IT Technical teams to find permanent fixes leading to decrease in ticket inflow.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in service delivery leading to increase in customer satisfaction.
• Contributes to knowledge repository of known issues and resolutions to help quick resolution of known issues.
• Evaluates, proposes, and recommends alternative solutions to solve business problems and improve business processes.
• Work collaboratively with other team members to achieve team and organization goal
· Minimum 10 years’ of overall IT and / or functional experience out of which minimum 8 years on implementing and supporting Oracle applications EBS R12.
· Should have at least two end to end Oracle (R12) Implementations experience as functional or techno-functional consultant with focus on procure to pay business process.
· Proficiency in PTP business process with good understanding of order to cash and record to report business processes.
· Very good understanding of Oracle Purchasing, iProcurement, Cost Management, Accounts Payable and Payments modules.
· Knowledge of Oracle Projects, Projects Costing, Fixed Assets, General Ledger Receivables, Advanced Global Intercompany System, Advanced Collections, Deductions Management, and Credit Management are desirable.
· Should have strong knowledge around how to work with Oracle Support - work service requests and escalate issues - in order to optimize support levels.
· Should have good understanding of Oracle Applications table structure & data flows and ability to write complex queries to extract and analyze data.
· Should have good understanding of Sub Ledger Accounting (SLA).
· Understanding of accounting and month end close processes.
· Should have prior experience of working in Oracle Applications (R12) support function.
· Ability to own and maintain BR 100 and other AIM documentation like MD050 and MD070.
· Passionate about learning and talent development.
· Good team player—self-motivated and committed with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Excellent interpersonal skills with experience of direct customer involvement and requirements analysis
· Should demonstrate good customer focus and relationship management skills
· Demonstrates capability to make quality decisions
· Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
· Understanding of Industry Standard Documentation Practices.
· Enthusiastic about learning large and complex systems.
· Results-driven with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment.
· Excellent problem solving skills, logical process thinking and end-to-end system concepts - Investigates problems to establish real or hidden causes.
· Passionate about learning and talent development.
· Four-year University degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field.
Nice to have skills / Certification
· Oracle Applications certification.
· ITIL Certification.
· 9 -11 years.
· Domain experience, preferably in manufacturing organization(s).
· Prior Oracle Applications R12 implementation and support experience in technical or techno-functional role.
· Up to 25%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only