Sales Representative Edmonton Canada
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is seeking a Sales Representative in Edmonton. The position will be based in our Edmonton, AB facility.
Eaton Crouse-Hinds is the leading manufacturer of hazardous and non-hazardous fittings, enclosures, apparatus and industrial motor controls, signals and alarms, industrial lighting and plugs and receptacles.
In this role, the Sales Representative will create a demand for and contribute to the assigned area quota to insure profitable sales of Crouse-Hinds products within acceptable selling costs in order to achieve established sales goals. The primary responsibilities of this role include driving product specifications and technical training and provide sales engineering support for new and existing sales relationships within the Edmonton area.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will obtain orders for existing products and new products to meet or exceed assigned quotas.
- You will create a demand (specifications) for Crouse-Hinds products with potential and assigned accounts classified as: industrial, electrical contractor, constructor, architect/engineer and government.
- You will plan and allocate time for sales activities with each distributor, major account, and to each major job, in an assigned territory or on assigned accounts based on sales potential.
- You will maintain adequate records to control selling activities, expenses, and to insure proper care of all Crouse-Hinds property assigned.
- You will be familiar with competitor’s products and prices, and continuously increase knowledge of Crouse-Hinds products and their application advantages to customer needs.
- You will conduct user investigations, train, provide support to Crouse-Hinds Sales teams and focused distributors
- You will help to integrate the product launches.
- You will have specific targets for sales, training, and key customer development. .
- You will develop relationships with major distributor partners in Industrial channel.
- You will implement major growth programs with channel partners.
- You will share gains resulting from strategic growth initiatives at major end user customer base.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma with a Journeyman Certification ( Electrical and/or Instrumentation) OR High School Diploma with 3 years of electrical and/or instrumentation sales experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship on a permanent basis
- No relocation benefit is offered for this role. Candidates but reside within 80 Kilometers of Edmonton Alberta
- 4 year university degree preferred
- 5 years of industrial or technical sales experience
- Demonstrated ability to be creative, analytic, and think conceptually.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal skills
- Action driven and self-starter
- Must be effective driving results in a matrix environment.
- Strong Presentations skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time