Eaton’s Aerospace Division has an opening for a Senior Buyer located in Camarillo, CA.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Camarillo plant is part of the Eaton Aerospace Group and we are looking to hire two Senior Buyer’s to join our Supply Chain team. The Senior Buyer would be responsible to locate vendors, place orders and provide follow-up to procure services, supplies, equipment and parts to effectively meet the Company’s production and business needs. Perform planning activities related to a product line or product line activity such as molding, outside processing, etc.
· Quote and buy all Fabricated/Custom Items, Kanban Card items and all office/miscellaneous items
· Control inventory impact by analyzing MOQ vs consumption
· Maintain MRP health by aligning PO dates and managing PO quantities
· Run and respond to daily MRP report
· Run and respond to daily Exceptions Report (Reschedule In, Reschedule Out, Cancels, Late PO’s)
· Issues and maintains all consignment purchase orders for key CMs
· Resolve PO/Invoice discrepancies in a timely manner
· Manage OSP components (plating, screening, etc.)
· Process supplier related RMA’s
· Pursue and track cost out in accordance with divisional supply base
· Ensure fixed vendors align with divisional supply base
· Execute MRP and the timely creation of shop orders to satisfy customer demand, achieve desired stocking levels and maintain flow of work on the factory floor.
· Communicate and coordinate with production supervisors and purchasing teams to ensure
schedule adherence and recovery if required.
· Analyze shortages by work order and/or customer order and communicate to Production Management and Customer Service
· Review and maintain SAP data integrity inclusive of routings and bill of material accuracy.
· Communicate frequently and proactively with customer service teams to meet or exceed customer expectations and establish effective relationships.
· Track progression of production orders, investigate factors that affect schedules, and modify plans as necessary
· Expedite critical orders throughout the supply chain.
· Inform management of potential production problems and assist in the implementation of both
short and long term solutions.
· Analyzes forecasted demand to ensure safety stock and strategic inventory levels on finished
goods are maintained.
· Perform planning functions required to achieve the timely and successful launch of new products
and participate as assigned on new product development teams.
· Other tasks may be assigned as needed
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
10 years of experience in Purchasing; preferably in an aerospace / military
Minimum 1 year experience using SAP
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on permanent basis without company sponsorship
3 years’ experience using SAP
Experience in hands-on design, implementation and operation of materials planning systems, production planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics in a component-manufacturing environment
Proficiency in MS Office
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time