Eaton’s Power Distribution Control Assembly Division is hiring an Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager will be based from our Wilsonville, OR facility.
The Engineering Manager will manage a portion of the front-end organization of the Portland Power Center operation consisting of and dedicated to ensuring customer satisfaction through pricing, engineering, scheduling, and post-order management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will manage the engineering and customer service portion of the organization, including Product Engineers, Product Application Engineers, and Engineering Technicians
o Hire, review, & motivate direct reports to accomplish specific plant objectives
o Act appropriately to ensure that employees are treated fairly; guide discipline/performance management process as necessary
· You will actively drive a culture of “safety first”.
· You will drive continuous process improvements on engineering efficiencies, customer quality, ISO 9001 compliance and cost out.
· You will oversee drawings/manufacturing instructions for manufacturing personnel to assemble product orders on-time with high quality. Support manufacturing personnel with questions during production.
· You will maintain and control all production scheduling by coordinating with Operations Manager. Ensure that these items are prioritized and manufactured based on customer need and plant capacity levels in order to support best in class customer on-time delivery.
· You will manage customer pricing strategies, coordinating with division product line strategies and Portland Power Center charter. Manage customer relationships and create demand for the product lines and the Portland Power Center.
· You will monitor usage of and supporting correct costing procedures to help drive inventory value.
· You will maintain effective communication channels with Portland Power Center Management Staff, Field Sales Management and Sales Engineers, Distributors, and Contractors. Maintain effective communication channels with internal suppliers to insure the correct application and on time shipment of products.
· You will develop and maintain a full understanding of applicable codes, regulations, and standards relating to the application of all plant products (NEMA, NEC, UL, etc.). Stay current with changes in codes and standards as they apply to the Portland Power Center products.
· You will engage in the engineering of product as needed to maintain the flow through the overall front-end team.
· You will provide product design and pricing training to distributors, sales and their Eaton personnel as needed.
· You will develop and deploy technical training for new engineers.
· You will establish department compliance with plant quality policy.
· You will establish and document policy and procedural issues for Engineering Department activities.
· You will help create plant level strategies and deploy initiatives around employee engagement, inclusion and diversity, employee safety and wellbeing, organizational capabilities.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in an electrical and/or mechanical engineering role
· Minimum of a year experience working directly with customers and/or some commercial role/capacity
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
· Seven (7) years’ experience in an Engineering role
· Prior management experience
· In depth knowledge of the organization’s productions and their applications: MVC, MCC, EC, MVA, LVA, MVS
· Working knowledge / application of Eaton Business System (EBS)
· Strong commercial and negotiation skills or sales engineering experience
· Working knowledge of power systems
· Ability to travel up to 10%
- Technical product and application knowledge of electrical power distribution and control equipment
- In depth knowledge of the entire order process from quotation through installation of the product
- Excellent communication skills, verbal & written
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time