Sales Learning and Development Manager
Eaton’s Hydraulics Group has an opening for a Sales Learning and Development Manager in either our Eden Prairie, MN or Maumee, OH locations.
This position will have responsibility for the development and management of the internal training program for the Hydraulics sales force. This position will also partner with Sales, Finance and Human Resources to champion the HYD Sales Development Program and trainings/events like Impact Selling Workshops and the National Sales Meetings. In addition, this position has management responsibility for the Hydraulic Sales Development Program and Sales and Marketing Intern program which is designed to increase Eaton sales at our channel partner locations through an immersion training program.
- Counsel and advise executive, functional, regional, and business unit leaders on the management of communications issues; provide tools to the leaders to help them become better communicators; set group-level communications policies consistent with corporate policy
- Manage and continues improving the internal Hydraulics Sales Development Program including criterion, curriculum and metrics to evaluate success. This will involve working with Sales leaders, HYD Training team & distributors as appropriate.
- Responsible for creating a Hydraulics training strategy for the internal salesforce. This will entail a detailed analysis of where the current gaps in knowledge are across the salesforce and owning the strategy for closing the gaps.
- Act as the face of Eaton/liaison with Channel Partners and educate them about the Hydraulics Sales Development Program, manage expectations & communication regarding the program.
- Plan and manage the schedule, logistics, timing and execution of Hydraulics Sales Development Program with all stakeholders (e.g. corporate program manager, program participants, training group, distributor partners, sales leadership, etc.).
- Daily management of 2-6 Sales Development Program participants annually while they are in the training program.
- Provide performance coaching and development for all reports with a focus on: current skills, strengths, development needs, effectiveness in current role and building future capabilities.
- Act as a Talent Scout for Eaton and participate in on-campus recruiting for Sales Development program as well as on-site recruiting events and participate as an active member of the Steering Committee for these programs
- Evaluate and improve functional / technical training offering and identify efficiencies with existing content and programs
- Evaluate internal sales organizational training/education needs and create and execute plans to close the knowledge gap within the salesforce.
- Develop content, coordinate and organize Impact Selling Workshops across the United States for our salesforce and customer base. In addition, assist with coordination for a National Sales Meeting for 2018
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with cultural sensitivity
- Drive for results and ability to execute
- Relationship building skills
- Ability to operate in a highly matrixed organization
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational design
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in Sales, Marketing, or Product Management
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Experience in a field Sales role and as a manager of people
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be located in either our Eden Prairie, MN or Maumee, OH locations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time