- You will guide a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as others they work with.
- You will manage proper inventory levels, transactional control, material flow, and packaging requirements and create process improvements for inventory management process, maintain inventory reports, analyze material movement improvements, and establish inventory locations and space utilization strategies. Responsible for 98% cycle count accuracy.
- You will assist in expediting material, where required, to meet customer requirements also lead areas of responsibility in the use of EBS practices, including MESH, Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS), EQS, ProLaunch, and BOS/BSC, with focus on performance of the entire value stream. Keep focus on meeting customer needs, both internal and external (Customer Centric Focus / KBKC)
- You will utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance and direct day-to-day activities, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, etc.
- You will guide teamwork through the Continuous Improvement Framework process and use of ELSS tools to continuously improve operational performance. Participate in other CI Teams as appropriate and collaborate with the other Manufacturing Supervisors to schedule overtime, and execute to labor plan.
- You will coach employees one-on-one to address performance issues and drive operator accountability and also establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Values, Ethics, and Philosophies and empowering employees to make decisions, innovate, and work in a continuous learning environment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Application experience in Lean Concepts and APICS Certification
- One (1) year working experience in a shipping, distribution, logistics or supply chain management.
- Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
- Train and develop hourly team members, engage support team members in problem solving efforts
- Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met
- Additional responsibilities as assigned including periodic weekend supervision
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only