Assembler - 2nd Shift
- Build devices per drawing, routing and work instructions.
- Assemble components of safety switches, enclosed circuit breakers and engineered to order / Flex Center products using hand tools, gauges and air tools.
- Perform quality checks consistent with the Inspection and control plans.
- Inventory/replenish parts to assembly stations.
- Use Kanban system to assure availability of parts.
- Read orders and drawings to determine assembly procedures such as component types and configuration, mounting locations and clearances required.
- Assemble and fit parts and components to form sub-assemblies, or completed assemblies.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment and observe all hygiene requirements as specified and directed.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain the 5S+ checklist.
- From information provided, stage necessary component parts / material in a manner which allows for the smooth flow of order activities through the assembly / manufacturing process.
- Train new employees.
- Work with various groups of employees in team based environment.
- Cross-train in various areas of the Assembly Department.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Know and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those where possible.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities: Job Safety Analysis and safe working procedures; identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions; accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Keep other employees informed of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety whenever possible.
- Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency, based on training received.
- Maintain safety guarding in good working order.
- Use your knowledge to initiate and implement suggestions through the Visions program to improve the workplace and product.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of the Eaton facility in Cleveland, TN will be considered for this position.
- Previous manufacturing and/or assembly experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No