Lead Firmware Development Engineer- eMobility
- You will develop embedded firmware, firmware architecture and supporting documentation according to established NPD process.
- You will take a system-level approach to developing and managing product firmware requirements, collaborating cross-functionally.
- You will direct the work of firmware development and system validation engineers located globally. You can assess trade-offs between business needs, technology requirements, and cost.
- You will prepares/reviews new project estimates: scope, effort, schedule, risk, cost, etc.
- You will prepare and present software/firmware technical presentations for internal design reviews, and design discussions with OEM customers.
- You will test and debug prototype units using standard lab equipment to verify firmware functionality and integrate with electrical/mechanical systems.
- You will partner in close coordination with the project management, engineering leads, and operations resources to deliver products on time, on budget, and to specification and certification requirements.
- You will utilize software development tools and verification and validation processes. Participate in project reviews to ensure robust and documented product quality.
- You will develop engineering documentation; design and instruction specifications, operating manuals, and technical reports.
- You will support the generation of intellectual property while advancing technology at Eaton.
- You will guide the most challenging technical projects and are self directed. Independently performs assignments with minimal guidance and understands the business impact of different solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering OR Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Minimum 3 years embedded firmware design experience
- Experience with debugging real-time embedded systems.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation available. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Tualatin, OR site.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- As needed - troubleshoot and implement corrective action on active NPD projects
- Ability to interact successfully with other disciplines to seek out solutions to problems
- Must be able to positively relate and interact with engineering staff
- Understanding of hardware at component level
- Strong background in real-time language skills, C and C++ language or its derivatives (C#, etc.) for microcontrollers
- Experience with communication protocols such as: UDS, I2C, SPI, RS232, J1939 CAN, etc.
- Experience using and maintaining version control systems such as SVN or GIT
- Possess working knowledge of Software Quality tools and concepts
- Must possess proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Project management knowledge and experience a plus
- Experience with multiple processors and integrated development environments (STMicro, Atmel, TI Piccollo, Microchip, Freescale, etc.)
- Experience developing firmware using an RTOS
- Digital control loop and digital filter experience a valuable plus
- Working knowledge of vehicle networked systems using SAE J1939 CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, Ethernet a valuable plus
- Experience with field-upgradable FW development and deployment a valuable plus
- Experience developing programs and scripts for test automation (LabVIEW, Python, BASH, PERL, etc.) a plus
- Experience working with remote engineering and manufacturing resources a plus
- Experience using team collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.) a plus
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD TAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time