Maintenance Worker- 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Maintenance Worker- 3rd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The Maintenance Worker-3rd Shift role will troubleshoot and repair mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical or electronic problems on machinery, equipment, plant utilities, and buildings.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will troubleshoot, wires, and repair complex electrical and basic electronic equipment or machinery. Installs conduit, control boxes, relays, switches, electrical cabinets, circuit breakers, etc. as required.
- You will perform preventive maintenance eon machinery, equipment and control circuitry to insure proper operation.
- You will perform layout and fabrication of miscellaneous weldments from sketches and drawings using various welding equipment.
- You will perform machining and forming of parts and material as required.
- You will perform utility maintenance involving the repair, replacement and installation of electrical, air, water, oil, gas and steam lines.
- You will installs and relocate production machines and equipment. Sets up precision machinery.
- You will operate various industrial vehicles used in material/machine moving or snow removal.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- No relocation benefits provided – candidate must live within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Four year State Indentured Apprenticeship as a machine repairer or Two-year diploma from an accredited institution or certifications in industrial maintenance
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a Machine Repairer
- Technical education in electronic motor controls and circuitry
- Strong working knowledge and troubleshooting abilities in mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical as applied to
- industrial machine tools or equipment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No