Inventory Control / Final Assembly 2nd Shift Supervisor
You will promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture (ZISC) enforcing safety standards that include housekeeping objectives, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards and buddy checks, and addressing unsafe conditions
You will manage Inventory Control assets and employees with an emphasis on cost reduction while maintaining or improving accuracy and timelines.
You will maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders.
You will plan layout for material flow and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and safety of items stored.
You will communicate stores picks and manufacturing production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
You will schedule work for special and periodic inventories (Cycle Counts).
You will trace history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
You will lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies.
You will ensure that employees know the importance of quality and enforce follow through. Work with quality control team to resolve issues and regularly review quality trends in the market.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum three years of experience supporting Stores, Shipping, Manufacturing, Operations or Technical processes is required
- Minimum one year of leadership experience managing people or project teams is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Vicksburg, MS will be considered
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Three years of leadership experience
- SAP knowledge
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
- Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills
- Inventory Control and Process focused
- Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
- Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time