Program Manager I
Eaton located in Tczew Poland has an opening for a Program Manager I.
The primary function of this role is responsibility for the successful execution of New Product Introduction Projects. Lead the Integrated Product Team(s) to drive on time delivery of product commercialization, customer satisfaction, and life of the program financial performance by managing customer programs, contracts, and business relationships.
Essential Functions of this role include:
A. Manages the Profit and Loss of the NPI projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments.
B. Execute IPT leadership across the project(s). Seeks team input and collaboration to promote rapid resolution of issues. Provides feedback on project performance indicators.
C. Establishes detailed projects schedules, objectives and goals for the project. Manages and aligns potential changes in scope and risk assessment to ensure reconciliation with the customer and business.
D. Manage effective customer communications ensuring responsiveness to customer requirements & requests. Communicate and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
E. Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support provided to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
F. Maintains project metrics for technical performance, customer satisfaction, budget variance, and timeline delivery through all product development and commercialization phases.
G. Manages all risks and requirements of the project through planning, directing, and integrating all project activities and deliverables, ensuring goals and objectives are successfully achieved.
H. Ensures effective change management processes are utilized for all project activities.
I. Provides periodic project updates (Program Status Report) relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas. Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional levels as required.
J. Plays a key role in developing business proposals and collaborating on pursuit assessments.
K. Provides overall project interface with the customer.
• Bachelors degree required from accredited university
• Minimum 5 years experience in Program Management or combined with background in functional areas (SCM/MFG/MKT/SLS, etc) or Engineering Product Development
• Eligible to work in Poland without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Bachelors degree in Engineering preferred
• Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (SAPM or PMP) highly recommended.
• Ability to support 10-15% travel to address program needs
• Experienced in New Product Development (NPD) programs; Standard Transition Process (STP) and Value Added / Value Engineering (VA-VE) initiatives.
• Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT). Ability to lead cross functional programs in a matrix organization.
• Developing to fully demonstrating in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
• Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to senior management and customer.
• Good analytical skills and business acumen
• Good knowledge of the vehicle powertrains
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH PDMP CPT
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time