Eaton is seeking an Engineering Director within our Electrical Group. This person can be based in Long Branch, NJ, or Sarasota, FL locations
The Engineering Director is responsible for a strong multidisciplinary engineering team for US Fire & Notification business within the Life Safety division of Eaton. The team is responsible for designing and developing Notification Devices and power supplies for Fire Alarms as well as Indoor & Outdoor voice systems. This high impact role will have a focus on developing New products to enhance the current product portfolio as well as VAVE on existing products to improve margin. This includes defining lab capital, hiring talent and determining strategic direction. Key within the role is driving innovation and increasing the speed of new product development.
- Define innovative product and technology roadmaps in concert with product line manager and business leaders
- Support and encourage the building of organizational capability through coaching and performance management initiatives and via the selective recruitment of top talent that supports the Product Lines current and future needs
- Facilitating/driving/reviewing product development cycles on new products from concept to launch, including specification, design, validation, and certification testing using the ProLaunch (phase gate) process
- Drive design for manufacturability best practices and partner closely with Operations leadership to ensure the smooth introduction of products into manufacture
- Drive continuous improvement by implementing value add/value engineering (VA/VE) projects to achieve annual cost reduction goals
- Collaborate with internal cross functional teams and external resources to ensure reduced time to market and high quality products are launched on time
- Set aggressive targets and measures performance to strive to go beyond what is expected
- Implement and review appropriate change control process within the business is a streamlined manner to ensure that engineering modifications are correctly evaluated and defined prior to implementation.
- Champion process improvements that result in significant reduction in time-to-market and overall improvements in engineering productivity. Interface with products teams in EIIC and global locations; act as the liaison for program associated with associated simulation technologies
- Lead the Engineering team utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model to effectively communicate requirements and expectations
- 8+ years' manufacturing industry experience and proven track record in engineering research / analysis / product design in Electric Devices is essential.
- Must be able to work in the United States on a continual basis without requiring corporate sponsorship
- Ability to operate across, and influence within, a complex matrixed global organizational structure
- Experience in conducting competitive analyses and defining/executing business level strategy.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking.
- Proven track record of driving change and ability to develop and execute technology development plans.
- A strategic leader with the ability to succinctly articulate and communicate a vision to the extended team.
- Demonstrated excellence in business strategy.
- Experience and success operating in a large matrix organization.
- Track record of creating an engineering culture of continuous process, reliability, and quality Improvement that drives customer satisfaction.
An undergraduate Engineering degree from an accredited institution is required. An MBA is highly desired.
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits.
This person can be based in Long Branch, NJ, or Sarasota, FL locations
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time