Paint Line Operator - 3rd shift
- Retrieve parts from storage locations.
- Hang parts in the proper configuration
- Take corrective actions to minimize loading and paint errors.
- Set up hook arrangements, packing equipment and other items as required.
- Verify counts and Kanban cards to assure accuracy.
- Perform de-burring and de-greasing operations.
- Wear all Personal Protective Equipment and observe all hygiene requirements as specified and directed.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain the 5S+ check sheets.
- Visually check parts for quality issues.
- Assure that hooks are properly stored when not in use.
- Report maintenance as necessary via work orders.
- Train new employees.
- Work with various groups of employees in team based environment.
- Set up and perform manual spraying operations as necessary.
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions.
- Know and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules in accordance with the Eaton MESH Program.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention or correct those where possible.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities: Job Safety Analysis and safe working procedures; identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions; accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Keep other employees informed of health and safety practices and activities by actively observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety whenever possible.
- Maintain guarding and safety equipment in good working order.
- Actively participate in health and safety training and demonstrate competency, based on training received.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area will be considered
- Previous experience working on a paint line
- Must be able to individually lift 40 lbs. continuously throughout the shift
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No