Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
• Develop and implement manufacturing processes for new products and continuous improvement.
• Support production activities.
- Analyze problems and supervise corrections related to machine capability and production rates (OEE). Maintain and improve current manufacturing processes to produce parts which meet the specification.
-Actively participate or champion in the continuous improvement process of the plant and implement cost-savings in manufacturing to reduce waste including corrective actions to make an immediate impact to business results. Reduce high-risk priority numbers in manufacturing PFMEA´s.
-Champion key initiatives for the plant and utilize EBS to achieve plant goals. Implement ELS tools such as Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Flow Manufacturing, Setup Reduction, 5s, etc.
-Train and inform cell technicians on current process techniques and new manufacturing concepts. Train and educate operators to optimize use of new and transferred equipment. Initiate and maintain process sheets for each step of the manufacturing process.
- Support PROLaunch - Participating in aspects related to manufacturing of new released components or assemblies. Review and evaluate new products, processes equipment and facility proposal. Lead and execute installation, runoff, and startup of transferred and new equipment. Complete runoffs and PPAP´s on time according to established schedules.
- Define max/min supply of all related items to equipment, such as spare parts and other supplies.
- Perform his/her activities in alignment to Eaton Quality System.
- Incorporate Safety into 5s activities. Update EHS Risk analysis for departments. Upgrade Machine guarding in Manufacturing. Include EHS changes in Future state VSM. Identify and Direct Lean EHS Project. See attachment for more details
- Champion multi-disciplinary teams in activities related to manufacturing issues
- Demonstrate the application of the 8 CIF modules and support related initiatives on daily basis through establishing, maintaining and complying his/her Standard Work and other tools. Participate in Kaizen events, Lean Council and Continuous Improvement teams when required. Generate ideas for improvement according with the local programs. Implement and optimize Lean Management tools. Sustain the ELLS tools (VSM, 5´s, TMP, STW, Set up, Problem Solving, Materials Management and 6 Sigma) to drive the continuous improvement performance when apply.
Define SPC control chart to control process for applicable operations. Apply corrective actions plan for Non conformances detected in SPC data. Monitor SPC data capability and define actions to keep control of the process.
Control Corrective Maintenance, Improvements and Execution of Preventive Maintenance.
Maintain and improve existing electronic, mechanical and electrical systems and tune electronic drive controls.
Track and improve the lifetime of tools and toolings used in the operations under his responsibility
Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Manufacturing Engineering required
• 5 years of experience in manufacturing or engineering environment, ideally in the Automotive industry
• Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques and manufacturing processes.
• Demonstrated knowledge and training in automation, error proofing techniques
• Experience conducting multidisciplinary teams.
• Background or experience in quality basics such as statistical process control, capability studies and MSA studies.
• Skills at interpreting mechanical drawings and basic use of CAD systems.
• Knowledge of machinery functions (hydraulic, electrical, mechanical operations)
• English language at a conversational level required.
• Green Belt (Six Sigma) would be a plus
• ORACLE knowledge focused in Manufacturing Processes
• Ability to train operators to use proper methods, write work instructions, define setup techniques, maintain equipment PM´s and track OEE
• Ensure Eaton targets are met with respect to standard philosophies and work practices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time