Eaton’s eMobility segment is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our dynamic and entrepreneurial team. This position will be based at our Southfield Michigan facility.
We're passionate about the opportunities the emerging electrified vehicle market is creating for our business! Eaton’s new eMobility segment combines our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of electrical and hybrid solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles.
The eMobility Program Manager is responsible for product development and industrialization projects and programs that deliver on business case cost and benefit commitments. The successful candidate will also drive continuous improvement and financial performance through a collaborative and entrepreneurial approach that encompasses leading customers, contracts, and cross-functional relationships. This individual will lead multiple high visibility programs across multiple sites and customers and will play a key role in the strategic planning processes and ultimately will be a driving force behind establishing and achieving best-in-class program management performance for this segment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead cross-functional project teams to drive accountability and performance established for commercial, technical, and manufacturing readiness levels at start of production.
- You will develop and execute comprehensive project management plans that deliver on scope, schedule, and financial commitments.
- You will guide teams from project initiation through planning, executing, monitoring, and closure.
- Influence and secure baseline business case expectations with key stakeholders in the areas of scope, benefit, cost, assumptions, risks/opportunities, key milestones, and alternate implementation scenarios. You will fully understand and articulate business case financials and content.
- You will establish organizational resource plans that clearly articulate the requirements for core team member, work package approver, and decision gate committee member engagement for the project duration.
- You will coach effective cross-functional team dynamics by recognizing individual strengths and weaknesses, providing can-do feedback and mentorship, and building an atmosphere that inspires learning and recognition.
- You will use program management standard work processes, tools, systems, and performance measures to provide an operational cadence, agility and transparency during project execution.
- You will build and execute effective internal and external partner communication strategies that address customer, internal leadership, and core team needs for the duration of a project.
- You will effectively tailor messaging and lead project/program reviews with multiple levels of leadership to enable robust decision-making and risk mitigation.
- You will craft negotiation strategies with functional partners that meet business case commitments for both customer and supplier contract management.
- You will ensure effective change management processes and contract language is designed and applied.
- You will engage in new business proposal development by partnering on product strategy and product roadmap initiatives.
- You will strengthen skillsets in cross-functional and operational knowledge areas outside of previous domain expertise (i.e. Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Program Management or a combination of Program Management with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing/SCM, or Product Development.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP)
- Previous leader of people experience
- Experience in Requirements and Risk Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Knowledge of passenger car and commercial vehicle product/markets
- Knowledge of electronics products and manufacturing processes
- Experience in automotive or commercial product areas with a focus on complex electrical systems and/or electric vehicle applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering from an acquired institution
- Demonstrated leadership style that is consistent with Eaton expectations of leaders (ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, learner). Capable of leading change in a cross-functional environment that requires cross-region, site, and/or global collaboration and span.
- Fully Proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies processes and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton and Customer senior leadership.
- Strong analytical skills and business insight.
Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time