Field Service Technician
- You will travel to sites to commission installed lighting control systems. This may include troubleshooting, proper installation verification, system programming and customer training.
- You will assist in the gathering of data for project commissioning, including completed panel schedule paperwork and other documents pertinent to job commissioning.
- You will prepare and submit documentation regarding site visitations to the Phone Support center in order for streamlined continued support of the customer site.
- You will assist with training of additional field support representatives or lighting representatives.
- You will act as a backup phone support representative when not commissioning projects in the field answering incoming calls regarding questions on the lighting control product line including, but not limited to, implementation of hardware and computer software in the field, programming of controllers, wiring of components and arrangement for replacement parts.
- You will be responsible for timely reporting and database maintenance from the site commissioning is required in order to ensure a fluid transition from Field Service to Technical phone Support for the end user customer.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution OR an Electrical Journeyman Degree OR Licensed Electrician OR Certified Electrical Technician OR military experience required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in field service or construction industry or electrical industry
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this position. Candidate must reside within a 50 mile radius of Detroit, Michigan or Chicago, Illinois
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience in Technical field sales or repair.
- Experience in Lighting, Controls, HVAC, security system industry.
- Ability to tactfully respond to questions, and frame responses in conjunction with company policies and procedures.
- Well-developed analytic ability and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work with, and technically train, customers at all levels of the construction process, including contractors and engineers.
- Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time