Provides technical support for product design and development activities for production line to ensure that product design meets quality standards and customer needs in a timely manner. Validates product designs and performs engineering improvements for product updates. Provides support in preparing product design and architecture documentations. Involves with schedules at the initial project phase to ensure deliverables are reasonable for project execution.
• Provide direct product support in analyzing and validating assembly activities and/or deviations
• Support design of products to address performance improvements; analyze and improve product design rules (assembly layout, material analysis and validation).
• Review material standards and determine new material options for cost reductions.
• Work to simplify manufacturing and reduce costs consistent with requirements and limitations imposed by tooling, materials, and manufacturing processes.
• Review and update of Drawings, Bills of Materials and Internal specifications through the ECN/ECR process as required by Marketing, NPD, VA/VE or Sourcing projects
• Performs failure analysis of products and develop corrective actions to provide cost-effective engineering solutions.
• Attends & Participates in marketing, sourcing and VA/VE projects meetings; accomplishes deliveries on committed time.
• Leads Quick Hit Projects with local team.
• Generates Laboratory requests and analysis for Material/Electrical/Mechanical testing.
• Work with production department in the execution of cost reduction initiatives (Productivity).
• Work with Marketing to design and develop solutions to meet customer’s need.
• Coordinate with both Queretaro and global cross-functional staff. This will include interfacing with global design owners located at any ECPSD facility. Guide supporting production staff.
• Support manufacturing and production testing and cooperate to investigate tooling, quality control, and production problems and recommend corrective action.
• Support local sourcing/purchasing to evaluate and recommend current or new materials with suppliers.
• Establish and maintain a collaborative working relationship with other areas.
• Conduct design reviews as well as the Design and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA, PFMEA) sessions to identify project risks and develop response plans.
• Support Quality and Warranty Departments in the analysis of customer complaints to document Service Tickets.
• Serve as the higher-level technical resource for the QTO Engineering Group activities.
• Prepare engineering department technical informational material, which may include drawings, list of materials and costing, for NPD.
• Attend team meetings and technical training as required.
• Participate in department ISO 9000 and 14000 certification activities and oversees department ISO 9000 procedures and work instructions.
• Evaluates customer request for design modifications.
• Performs additional duties and tasks not specifically defined in this job description, as requested
Qualifications• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Mechatronics Engineering preferable
• 3-5 years of professional experience in design, development, and/or product engineering. Experience with electrical power equipment and and knowledge (selection, installation, operation, design and testing) of transformer components such as load break switches, tap changers, fuse holders and interrupters is preferred.
• English language fluency
• Self motivated with strong organizational and planning skills, capable of developing and driving action plans to achieve project goals
• Knowledge on IEC and ANSI standards related to electrical products in order to design quality products.
• Must have knowledge on quality, APQP & ISO systems; FMEA, PNCP, GD&T, Capability Studies, ISO 9001.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, complimented with exceptional computer skills (English and Spanish language are mandatory)
• 1.5 year of Experience on leadership for implementation and new introduction level.
• DOE statistical analysis
• Technical Problem solving using any tool as of: 8D, FTA, Fishbone
• GD&T knowledge and interpretation of blue prints or drawings and dimensional stack up analysis
• Design and Injection molding process (desirable)
• May supervise exempt personnel and/or non-exempt personnel.
• Knowledge on 6Sigma tools to product development process.
• Sets aggressive targets, accepts consequences of actions, and holds others accountable
• Operates with a “one company” mindset and interacts effectively with associates above, below and across the organization to achieve results
• Delivers commitments, producing work of the highest quality in a timely and effective manner
• Global travel, as required, for technical activities and training. Properly represents the Company when traveling.
• Plans and executes work that is accurate, complete and reliable
• Energizes and motivates all levels of the team or project members
• Acts in an ethical and truthful manner, leading by example and earning the respect and trust of co-workers, customers, and other stakeholders
• Willing to learn and apply technical knowledge supporting product assemblies and new product designs.
• Meets the expectations and requirements of all customers by making customer needs a primary focus
• Deals respectively and fairly but decisively with difficult circumstances
• Communicates openly and honestly in a clear and concise manner on an ongoing basis
• Modifies plans to meet changed circumstances by being flexible and adaptive
• Understands and follows best practices and engineering operations adhered to company policies, regulations and environmental specifications.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time