Value Stream Manager
- You will proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, near miss reporting, 8D investigations, equipment maintenance, and safety principles enforcement.
- You will meet or exceed product quality requirements using plant quality tools, including LPA, QAR, first piece approval, and audit processes. Deploys and reinforces quality expectations with Frontline Managers and production associates, with a focus on accountability.
- You will select, develop, and motivate product line personnel and resources to achieve established goals for productivity, quality/scrap, cost, engagement, and profit.
- You will monitor product line staffing for best utilization of both direct and indirect labor.
- You will establish product line priorities as they apply to current product, standards and processes and monitor and improve general plant activities such as safety, 5S, lean initiatives, and communication/information systems.
- You will work with Production Control to establish appropriate inventory levels, and adherence to the established inventory goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business, quality, or engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years prior work in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years prior management/supervisory experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- SIOP process co-owner in conjunction with Production Control, through the forecasting of production output for areas of responsibility.
- Assists the Operations Manager in setting, communicating, and achieving department goals and objectives. Develops and maintains performance metrics as required to drive results, and analyze results as a tool for identifying and initiating process improvements.
- Fully engages workforce and promotes personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employees to drive decision making, fostering innovation and continuous learning, by providing ongoing feedback.
- Drives continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System processes and problem solving tools such as Eaton Lean System, Six Sigma, and 5S.Drives the company's vision and mission by reinforcing ethics, values and quality policies throughout areas of responsibility
- Assists with capital project planning under the direction of the Operations Manager,
- Coordinates manufacture of product to meet customer requirements, including scheduling of product, or collaborating with Production Control for efficient scheduling of product throughout the facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time