Customer Support Trainer
- You will confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- You will actively assess and identify individual and team skills gaps.
- You will formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- You will select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, develop digital and print educational material.
- You will conduct training sessions covering specified areas such as on-the-job training, use of computers and software, interpersonal skills, quality & process issues, and product knowledge.
- You will organize classroom-style seminars about product features and sales techniques.
- You will conduct role-playing activities to develop interpersonal skills (e.g. negotiation, teamwork and conflict management).
- You will ensure new hires take on basic sales training courses, including communication and troubleshooting skills.
- You will test trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- You will assess the impact of each educational course on staff performance and client satisfaction.
- You will coordinate mentorship programs for new customer support representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in sales or customer support
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Highland, IL will be considered.
- Knowledge of SAP transactions
- Prior knowledge of B-Line products
- Additional certification in training is a plus
- Knowledge of Learning Management Software (LMS)
- Familiarity with interactive learning activities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers via phone, e-mail, and other written and verbal communication mediums
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time