Compensation & Benefits Supervisor
Guides the implementation of Eaton’s Canadian compensation and benefits policies and practices in a cost effective and market competitive manner in order to attract, motivate and retain top talent. Provides expertise and advice to all levels of Eaton’s Canadian Electrical Systems and Services Group on the interpretation and development of Eaton’s total rewards programs as well as leading various HR programs and projects, including HR reports and metrics.
- Recommend policies, procedures, and processes for the maintenance of equitable salary structures. Maintains an on-going effort to ensure competitiveness, cost effectiveness, and equity of pay programs.
- Partner with management to conduct job evaluations and make recommendations for appropriate salary grades using external and internal data.
- Interface with managers to evaluate individual compensation. Assist with educating and advising managers on compensation administration and planning processes. Contribute ideas to improving HR programs and processes.
- Align job descriptions to compensation grades, levels, ranges. Drive ongoing compensation analysis with review and audit of current job descriptions, write and/or rewrite job descriptions to align with position responsibilities and to meet Provincial requirements.
- Manage survey participation and conduct market analysis of positions. Perform benchmark job matching across multiple survey sources. Study market compensation surveys to understand the market ranges of pay for positions and recommend adjustments accordingly. Evaluate pay trends, differentials, and make market adjustments to the compensation grades, levels, and ranges. Recommend salary range development and merit planning matrix.
- Assure company compliance with ESA and Provincial legislation. Review and analyze changes to Provinces and Federal laws pertaining to compensation, and reports necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Conduct research on compensation plans used in other organizations, and makes recommendations for improving effectiveness of existing programs.
- Administer the merit planning process. Ensure adherence to guidelines and budgets.
- Support the bonus payout process (VPP & Sales Incentives). Strategize communication and project plans with Corporate HR direction. Evaluate for effectiveness and alignment to company objectives.
- Design and prepare ad hoc compensation/organization related reports to present to management.
- Work with HR/Finance in development of reports. Develop, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries. Design reports to answer relevant business questions and communicate key HR metrics to stakeholders in an easy to understand dashboard format.
- Conduct periodic data audits to ensure controls are in place. Proactively identify areas for improvement.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that perpetuates the Eaton Values and Philosophy and the Eaton Code of Ethics.
- Lead support and compliance with pay equity programs.
- Liaison between COE (Centre of Excellence) and Canadian Electrical Services Group regarding benefits/wellness program inquiries including but not limited to medical, dental, life, disability insurance (STD/LTD), DB & DC pension plans and other ancillary benefits.
- Work with COE (Centre of Excellence) leaders to maintain efficiencies and effective operation of key processes through HR Services (compensation related).
- Coordinate relocation moves, plus maintain practices in alignment with company policies and regional benchmarks.
- Analyze market data to support the development and administration of benefit programs; provide analytics to support various projects.
- Assist in ensuring company compliance with Provincial and Federal laws via research, reporting, auditing and collaborating with internal/external department contacts.
- Responsible for updating existing policies/procedures to incorporate legislative changes such as overtime regulations.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with benefits brokers, vendors (i.e. EFAP), and consultants; ensures that the administration of plans is working effectively.
- Provide information to employees and managers on all benefit-related questions; resolves and escalates appropriately all employee benefit issues/problems.
- Assist with the preparation of employee benefits documentation and other employee benefit communications; attends meetings/calls as relates to benefit/wellness duties.
- Develop communication tools (including education sessions/presentations) on DB/DC pension, wellness reimbursement program and related items to enhance understanding of the company’s compensation & benefit programs.
- Document benefits administrative processes as needed.
- Provide general support and guidance on wellness and recognition programs.
- Maintain and champion effort to collect and track key HR performance metrics.
- Work with Finance to track headcount reporting.
- Participate in other HR initiatives, projects, and programs as needed as an overall HR utility player.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business or HR from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in human resources, including minimum of 3 years in compensation and benefits
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (80km) of Burlington, Ontario will be considered
- Master’s degree in business or human resources management preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading large change management initiatives
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to effectively partner and communicate at all levels in an organization
- Exceptional analytical and reporting skills, including strong command of Excel
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Process oriented and customer focused
- Ability to identify client needs and provide customized solutions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time