1 State the primary function or overall purpose of your position.
Responsible for design, model, configure and implement SAP Project system and Finance& Controlling (FICO) solutions to meet desired business requirements in SAP Go Live projects. Analyse business processes and systems processes & recommend improvements that use standard Unity SAP and processes. Participate in implementations and third level support as required. Ability to understand and drive regional solutions and implement controls that are fully auditable and compliant with business and control standards. This role uses consulting skills, business knowledge and SAP solution expertise to effectively integrate Un1ty SAP into the Eaton business environment to achieve expected business results.
Knowledge of configuration alone is not sufficient. This role requires hands-on understanding and implementation of Project system in Finance and as well as integration functions with logistic modules.
SAP PS and FICO scope encompasses:
1. Project system related Finance Accounting (General Ledger) – Classic GL ECC6, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Finance Reporting) and its integration with MM, PP, SD and CS module.
2. Project System Cost Controlling (CO-PC) and its integration with SAP PP (BOMs, Production Orders) and SAP MM (Material pricing (PIR) and Order Settlements. Hands-on Product Cost rolls and analysis is a MUST.
3. Project system Profitability Analysis (COPA) and its integration with SD and CS module.
4. Cost/Profit Center Accounting
5. Statutory Reporting
7. Legal Entity Definition
8. Financial Consolidation & Intercompany Elimination.
9. Hands-on data migration including Product Costing and Cost Variance Analysis is a MUST.
10. Project system module experience is a MUST. Fully understand business process of project sales.
The Finance community includes:
• Project manager
• Financial Controllers
• Finance Shared Services
• Finance Department
• Tax Department
This is an Asia Pacific role that encompasses China, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, SE Asia, Australia, New Zealand and India. Traveling is optional depending on the assignment of the project.
This role will work closely with the APAC Project Manager and FICO Functional Team in enforcing standardization of SAP processes, metrics and data in the region and ensuring that they align with global standards in Go Live projects, Helpdesk support and Enhancement projects. This role will also help build competent super user communities across the region for effective deployment of the system.
Strong English communication skills are a Must.
The candidate must have enthusiasm and commitment to help colleagues in resolving issues and proactively seeking every opportunity for improvement. Must strive to deliver with quality. Not deterred by hard work. Have a positive ‘Can-do’ attitude.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Limit yourself to 8-12 statements)
• Responsible for in-depth functional & business process knowledge of Unity SAP FICO functions:
• Work in partnership with divisional and regional business process owners on system requirements, processes, and systems.
• Manages requirements scope & disposition through process compliance & gap analysis, integration testing & user acceptance methodology.
• Provide knowledge and input on the system implications of business process changes.
• Help to identify consolidated, worldwide target processes.
• Demonstrates analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
• Applies project methodology and governance processes to the change control, system development life cycle and regression testing.
• Support end to end processes and has intermediate level understanding of system touch points.
• Works with the global governance team to ensure proposed solutions are in-line global solutions.
• Participate in business process improvement committees as needed.
• Strong communication skills - able to interest with senior level leaders at divisional or regional level. Able to explain complex system issues and decision points using common business language (without using IT terms and language) d.
• Culivates innovation
2. List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results) which must be accomplished in order to fulfil the purpose of your position as described above.
A. Meet with decision makers, systems owners, BPOs and end users to define, document, and communicate business, financial, and operations requirements. Identify systems goals and solutions to systems issues.
B. Work in partnership with business users on business requirements, processes, and systems. Provide knowledge and input to the business on the system implications of business process changes. Help to identify consolidated, worldwide target processes.
C. Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
D. Effectively use workflow and process diagrams when explaining company-standard Finance processes and when capturing business requirements.
E. Demonstrate analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
F. Analyze business requirements, assess alternative solutions, design develop and implement application system solutions using SAP ERP and Eaton standards.
G. Work with the Central Governance Team to ensure proposed solutions are lined up with the Global Solution.
H. Lead in configuration, documentation, unit testing, integration testing support, and review of business training materials.
I. Assist in scope changes against baseline requirements through application of change control processes and tools.
J. Participate in business level improvement committees as needed.
K. Support all peers by providing expert SAP FICO Knowledge around process and configuration.
L. Mentor and/or train new Functional analysts when required.