OEM Inside Sales Engineer - Central Region
Eaton Electrical Division North American Sales (NAS) organization has an opening for an OEM Inside Sales Engineer. The Inside Sales Engineer can be located at one of the following locations; Glendale Heights, IL, Parma, OH or Southfield MI.
The primary function of an Inside Sales Engineer (ISE) role will be to support management, outside sales engineers and internal/external customers in providing effective solutions to challenging problems involving technical, service, and commercial issues in the Eaton OEM vertical market. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: closing orders based upon expertise developed in selling skills and technical knowledge, selling abilities to position OEM products into preferred position in market and customer activity, providing technical knowledge regarding products/services, negotiating & pricing OEM components.
The inside sales engineer is to act as a technical and commercial resource to field sales, customers and distributors for quotations and project management of power distribution, power protection, low voltage components and power equipment. The resources will serve the needs of various customer market segments including: Machinery OEM's, Panel Builder and Electrical OEM's
The primary functions include; accurate and timely plan and specification interpretation, quotation and technical support; communication with customers, warehouse and plants to facilitate problem resolution; proactive identification of sales potential and follow up to secure orders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Essential job tasks include but are not limited to:
1) Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications. Determine the minimum bill of material, most competitive price level and shipment cycle within the market segment pertaining to each specific negotiation; 2) Proactively facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution; 3) Coordinate warranty and non-warranty repairs and returns, which include shipping issues or service requests; 4) Project manage small to medium projects on as needed basis; 5) Establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills with regard to the art of salesmanship, application engineering, product knowledge, knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines strategic plans for sales growth.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum one (1) year of electrical industry experience
· Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
· Experience or exposure to a manufacturing organization
Position Success Criteria:
· Electrical experience with low to medium voltage Systems
· Commercial experience
· Sales and/or marketing experience
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Strong communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time